First day down!

I achieved my word count for the day! Yes!

It's a nice feeling of accomplishment to see that progress meter going up.

The writing is taking me so much longer than it should. My hope is that as the month goes on I'll work my way back to this daily word count only taking an hour or two to achieve. Today it took, well, the entire day. All of it. Sigh.

Then again, I do have some extra time after dinner. Maybe I'll go crazy and start a short story, who knows!

I feel like I'm so far out of practice that this book is really bad so far. Like, I don't even think I'm describing this hotel in a reasonable manner. It's supposed to be a generic type hotel off the highway and I don't think I made that clear. I don't want to bother with any kind of editing, revising, or critiquing until I've got my mojo back, though.

Overall, it feels pretty great to be writing again. My only worry is that I'll get so into it that it'll make getting my actual job done harder. But maybe I just feel that way because I've been on this long break and lost track of why I love my job so much. I'll find a good balance as the year progresses.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oops

Motivation

Distraction Time